Thursday, May 10, 2012

Experience by the sea

Recently I've been to a certain country that exist around seas. Yes each town is their own island. It's hard to believe but you really have to see it to believe it. An island can range from no body to a maximum of 20,000. So I'm not sure how many island is there in Maldives but it sure does look a lot.
So what does one do in Maldives? Well it's pretty obvious that If your not a beach person or a swimmer, this place would be of no interest to you. And if you're someone that eats lots of KFC or McDonald this is not a place for you as well. But one thing is for sure. It sure does take fast food off the list in your menu when you touch down.
So I did what everyone did, I snorkel, I play sand, I dip in the beach and also drink sea water. The beach is actually quite amazing. The blue water just takes your breath away and like the movie nemo, they really swim in school, and yes there are sharks around that area. No kidding, that's why it's best to have a tour guide with you. Just to eliminate that 10% chance that you might get shark attack, or at least you have someone to blame besides yourself when it happen. Came back in one piece except my credit card. So prepare 2 for whoever that wants to go there.
At first I didn't understand a few things that is happening. For instance there are hotel that cost USD60 a night and there are hotels that cost USD7200 a night. That's a big difference, and there's something more shocking as I actually found hotels that cost more than USD10000 a night. Call that crazy but if your freakin famous and want to play crazy with the sand and everything it's not really a problem. So the problem is I am poor. So that didn't happen.
The food is amazing. Like I said its all home cook food. Non of the food I tasted are fast food.
Trusting that you like summer weather, they are constantly 35 degree Celsius. So you won't be disappointed.
So the next time you wanna go holiday by the sea and wish to have an unforgettable experience think Maldives.

No comments: